Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
- Touchnew Sketch Markers (168 pack) are alcohol based markers with dual ends and a round edged rectangular shaped barrel.
- You have a choice of white or black barrel color. I chose to buy the white set.
- Other than the marker barrel color, there are no differences between the white or the black markers.
- There is a 1.0mm bullet tip at one end and a 6.0mm chisel tip at the other end.
- They have snap on caps at both ends.
- These Markers can be purchased individually or in a variety of different sized sets.
- They come in a maximum of 168 colors.
- TOUCHNEW Sketch Markers provide an excellent color range from pastels through to vibrant and strong colors
- round edged rectangular shaped barrel
- Color number and name is printed on the top of each cap
- Color indicator on cap is a reasonable indicator of the ink color
- Very smooth flow of ink
- Fast drying ink
- Drys without streaking
- Bullet shaped tip allows for drawing a fine line and for coloring in small spaces
- Chisel tip is great for coloring large areas
- Permanent ink which can be used on most surfaces
- Ink is blendable and packs come with a colorless blender marker
- The pen barrel has a light grey band on the Fine Bullet tipped end to help identify the different tip thicknesses
- There are fine tip and broad tip icons printed on the ends of the barrel as well as the words “Fine” and “Broad” to indicate which end is which
- Inexpensive professional grade alcohol markers
- Sets come in a black cloth zippered carry bag with handle
- Bleed through on many papers including thicker cardstock.
- Slight odor that some people may find off-putting
- Due to bleed through, using them in coloring books with pictures printed on both sides of the page means one picture will be impossible to use
- Can be difficult to use for very detailed spaces
- Caps can be very hard to remove
- There is no color family coding for these alcohol markers as there is for many of the professional grade alcohol markers such as Copic, Spectrum Noir, Windsor & Newton, etc.
- $ – typically AUD $5.00 or less / US $3.75 / £2.60 / €3.30
Comments / Recommendations
- TOUCHNEW Sketch Markers are an excellent value professional grade alcohol based marker with an exceptional color range
- I purchased my set of 168 markers online from Dealimpact.com for $109 Australian Dollars including delivery. That’s less than 65 cents per marker! There are other suppliers including Amazon and the cost is often much less than US$1 per marker.
- These markers do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option
- They will bleed through most papers so best not to use them in coloring books that have pictures printed on both sides of the page
- When using these markers in coloring books, you will need to place another piece of paper, cardboard or laminate behind the page you are coloring to stop the ink bleeding through onto the following pages.
- I love these markers and would recommend them to anyone who wants a much cheaper alternative to Copic markers.
Where to Buy TOUCHNEW Sketch Markers
Other Reviews of this product: