Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
KaiserColour © Gel Pens are gel pens with a round barrel shape which is thinner than usual gel pens. The pen set comes in a hard plastic case and the pens are very pretty, with a full colored barrel indicating the ink color. In addition, there is a rhinestone set into the top of the pen lid that also indicates the ink color. This set contains pastel and glitter gel pens They are sold in a maximum of 48 count packets. Please note this review only covers gel pens included in the 24 pack.
- Unique colours, no duplicates
- Round barrel, thinner and lighter to hold than many other gel ink pens
- Very smooth flow of ink with no skipping during coloring
- Pastel inks flow smoothly and do not have the scratchy, chalky feel that can occur with some pastel gel inks
- Color indicator on lid and barrel is a good indicator of the gel ink color
- Good range of pastel shades
- 8mm nibs make it possible to color in tight, detailed spaces
- Pastel ink dries nicely giving a reasonably smooth coverage over larger spaces.
- No classic, neon or metallic inks in this 24 pack
- Pen barrels on the pastel pens are solid making it impossible to see the level of ink in the pen
- No color id or name printed on barrel
- Wet ink on application requires drying time and can easily smear until dry
- Some bleed through and shadowing on basic photocopy paper
- Thinner papers can buckle due to the wetness of the ink
- $$$ – typically AUD $20.01 – $50.00 / US $15.01 – $40.00 / £10.01 – £26.75 / €13.26 – €33.00
Comments / Recommendations
- A good quality pack of gel pens with a good pastel color range
- These pens do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option
Where to Buy this Product: