Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
ALDI Scholar ® Coloured Pencils are wax based pencils with a hexagonal barrel shape. They are sold in a maximum of 24 count packets at ALDI stores.
- Inexpensive pencils
- Pencils are light to hold
- Hexagonal barrel means they are easy and comfortable to hold and won’t roll off a flat surface.
- Color of pencil barrel is a reasonable indicator of the color of the pigment
- Can feel “scratchy” on the paper
- Produces some pencil dust when coloring
- May need a medium to hard pressure to get intense color
- $ – typically AUD $5.00 / US $3.75 / £2.60 / €3.30 or less
Conclusion / Recommendations
- A good cheap starter pack of colored pencils with a nice color range
- These pencils do require some pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may not be the best option
If you have used ALDI Scholar ® Coloured Pencils we’d love to hear about your experiences with them. Leave a comment / review below.