Review of Mont Marte ® Essential Coloured Pencils
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Mont Marte ® Essential Coloured Pencils are wax based pencils with a hexagonal barrel shape. They are sold in a maximum of 36 count sets.
- Pencils are light and comfortable to hold
- Hexagonal barrel means they are easy and comfortable to hold and won’t roll off a flat surface.
- Little pressure required to achieve good color coverage
- Vibrant colors
- Smooth feel on paper when coloring
- Generally easy to sharpen to a point
- Great value for money
- Name of the color is printed on the pencil barrel
- Color of pencil barrel is a fair indicator of the color of the pigment
- Produces some pencil dust when coloring
- $$ – typically AUD $5.01 – $20.00 / US $3.76 – $15.00 / £2.61 – £10.00 / €3.31 – €13.25
Conclusion / Recommendations
- A good value for money pack of colored pencils with a reasonable color range
- These pencils don’t require much pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a good option
- I liked these better than the more expensive Mont Marte artists’ quality colored pencils.
- These pencils are readily available in Australia and New Zealand but may be harder to find in the USA, UK and Europe. May also be more expensive due to import duties and shipping costs in regions other than Australia and New Zealand.