Review of Mont Marte ® Coloured Pencils
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Mont Marte ® Coloured Pencils are wax based artist quality pencils with a hexagonal barrel shape. They are sold in a maximum of 36 count sets.
- Artist quality pencils
- Pencils are light to hold
- Hexagonal barrel means they are easy and comfortable to hold and won’t roll off a flat surface.
- Color of pencil barrel is a reasonable indicator of the color of the pigment
- Little pressure required to achieve good color coverage
- Vibrant colors
- Smooth feel on paper when coloring
- Generally easy to sharpen to a point although I had problems with one lead (1 out of 36) constantly breaking during sharpening
- Soft leads require frequent sharpening
- Produces some pencil dust when coloring
- $$$ – typically AUD $20.01 – $50.00 / US $15.01 – $40.00 / £10.01 – £26.75 / €13.26 – €33.00
Conclusion / Recommendations
- A good reasonably priced pack of artists’ quality colored pencils with a reasonable color range
- These pencils don’t require much pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a good option
- These pencils are readily available in Australia and New Zealand but may be harder to find in the USA, UK and Europe. May also be more expensive due to import duties and shipping costs in regions other than Australia and New Zealand.