Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Marco Raffine ® 7100 colored pencils are oil based pencils with a hexagonal barrel shape. They are sold in a maximum of 72 count sets.
- Pencils are light and comfortable to hold
- Hexagonal barrel means they are easy and comfortable to hold and won’t roll off a flat surface.
- Almost no pressure required to achieve good color coverage
- Vibrant colors
- Very smooth feel on paper when coloring
- Easy to sharpen to a point
- Great color range
- Good value for money
- Number of the color is printed on the pencil barrel
- Color of pencil is painted on the end of the barrel and is a good indicator of the color of the pigment
- Hard leads
- $$$ – typically AUD $20.01 – $50.00 / US $15.01 – $40.00 / £10.01 – £26.75 / €13.26 – €33.00
Conclusion / Recommendations
- A very good value for money pack of colored pencils with a great vibrant color range
- These pencils don’t require much pressure at all to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a good option
- They layer and blend well without other blending tools
- These are great colored pencils and are reasonably priced for oil-based pencils.
- I find it hard to fault them and I recommend them for anyone who wants a great value pack of oil-based quality colored pencils that gives great results.