Review of Crayola ® Colored Pencils
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Crayola ® Colored Pencils are wax based pencils with a round barrel shape. They are sold in packets up to a maximum of 64 count pencils.
- Great color range
- Smooth to apply – waxy feel
- Vibrant color
- Easy to lay down color with light pressure
- Sharpen easily to a good point for detail work
- Inexpensive pencils
- Great value for money
- Pencils are light and comfortable to hold
- Name of the color is printed on the pencil barrel
- Color of pencil barrel is a fair indicator of the color of the pigment
- Round barrel means they can easily roll off a flat surface which can be annoying and can break the lead core
- Some of the wood casings can catch on the blade of basic sharpeners when sharpening
- $$ – typically AUD $5.01 – $20.00 / US $3.76 – $15.00 / £2.61 – £10.00 / €3.31 – €13.25
Conclusion / Recommendations
- An excellent cheap starter pack of colored pencils with a great color range for the price
- These are a really good set of pencils for coloring. There are some unique colors in the pack and I often use mine together with some of the other pencil brands I have.
Where to Buy this Product: