Review of Sakura Gelly Roll ® Gel Pens (Artist Pack)
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Sakura is the developer of the original gel ink pens. Sakura Gelly Roll ® Gel Pens (Artist Pack) are quality gel pens with a round barrel shape with the 74 pen set coming in a hard clear plastic carry case. Set contains Classic ™, Moonlight ® (opaque) , Stardust ® (glitter), Metallic ™, Silver Shadow ® and Gold Shadow ® (dual color metallic) gel pens. They are sold in a maximum of 74 count sets.
- 58 unique colours
- Color id (number and Stock Number) are printed on the pen barrel
- Beautifully smooth flowing ink with no skipping during coloring
- Color indicator on lid & Comfort Grip is a good indicator of the gel ink color
- Vibrant color
- Some colors and ink types have multiple nib sizes
- Unique gel pen effects eg Silver Shadow ® and Gold Shadow ® which are dual color metallic gel pens
- There is a clear glitter pen and a white gel pen included in the 74 set
- Able to color in tight, detailed spaces
- Pens can be purchased as individual stock
- Excellent range of colors and ink types
- Expensive pens
- Cap color is not always a true indicator of ink color
- Wet ink on application requires drying time and can easily smear until dry
- Round barrel
- Some bleed through and shadowing on basic photocopy paper
- Thinner papers can buckle due to the wetness of the ink
- $$$$ – typically AUD $50.01 + / US $40.01 + / £26.76 + / €33.01+
Comments / Recommendations
- An excellent quality set of gel pens with an excellent color and ink range
- I love these gel pens, they are smooth and have a great range of colors and effects.
- The biggest downside is their cost.
- These pens do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option
Where to Buy this Product: