Staedtler Noris Club ® Coloured Pencils
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Staedtler Noris Club ® Coloured Pencils are wax based pencils with a hexagonal barrel shape. They are sold in a maximum of 36 count packets.
- Inexpensive pencils
- Pencils are light to hold
- Hexagonal barrel means they are easy and comfortable to hold and won’t roll off a flat surface.
- Color of pencil barrel is a reasonable indicator of the color of the pigment
- Leads have a special coating to provide a resistance to breakage
- Can be sharpened to a good point
- Colors are the same across the Staedtler range of products (pencils, fineliners, fibre-tip pens) which is a benefit when coloring with mixed media
- Produces some pencil dust when coloring
- Needs a medium to hard pressure to get intense color
- Muted color
- No color identification printed on the barrel
- $ – typically AUD $5.00/ US $3.75 / £2.60 / €3.30 or less
Conclusion / Recommendations
- A good cheap starter pack of colored pencils with a reasonable color range
- These pencils do require some pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may not be the best option