Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
- Written and compiled by Tiddy Rowan
- Mandalas by Paul Heussenstamm
- Quadrille Publishing (2014)
- Printed in China
- Approximately 8½ inches x 10 ¼ inches (21cm x 26cm)
- There are 35 pages to color in the book
Quality of Paper
- Very high
- Thick paper that allows for a range of coloring media to be used
- The paper is a bright white color
Single or Double Sided Print
- Single-sided print – coloring pages are only printed on the right pages of the book, examples of that mandala design already colored are printed on the left pages of the book
Intricacy of Designs
- The designs range from simple open spaces to very intricate patterns
Types of Pictures
- The pictures are all mandalas some with patterns, others with pictures of fish, birds or people included in the design
- Hard Cover
- Tightly bound which can be laid flat
- Glued and stitched
- No perforated / removable pages
- The book is designed to help you find Mindfulness and relaxation through coloring and meditation
- There is a section in the front of the book that outlines the history of mandalas and describes Mindfulness and how to practice it.
- There is also some suggestions on how to color the mandalas.
- A colored version of a mandala is printed on the left hand page and on the right hand page is a line drawing of that mandala for you to color as you wish.
- High quality of paper means you can use colored pencils, gel pens and water-based markers without too much fear of bleed through to the back of the page
- Beautiful mandalas
- Full size examples of the mandalas are provided so you can either follow it with similar colors or you can choose your own color scheme.
- Motivational quotes are written under each mandala
- Pages are not easily removable ie no perforations
- $$ – typically AUD $5.01 – $20.00 / US $3.76 – $15.00 / £2.61 – £10.00 / €3.31 – €13.25
Conclusion / Recommendations
This was the first adult coloring book I bought. It was the book that helped me to discover my love of coloring and I haven’t looked back yet. The paper is thick like card stock and has a nice feel while coloring.
There is a range of mandalas to color.
I have used both very cheap and some artist quality pencils, gel pens, water-based markers so far in this book. Everything I have used has flowed smoothly across the page as I colored. I have had no bleed through or shadowing issues so far from either the fineliners or the gel pens.
If you like mandalas and / or you use coloring to help keep you calm and relaxed, then this is a book you should consider.
Where to Buy this Product: