Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
These are alcohol based markers with a round barrel which is tapered slightly at both ends. They have a snap on cap with a built in shirt-pocket clip. Sharpies ® can be purchased individually or in a variety of different sized sets. They come in 25 standard colors. These colors are supplemented from time to time with additional special release or “limited edition” colors.
- Vibrant colors
- Round barrel tapered slightly at both ends
- Very smooth flow of ink
- Color indicator on lid is a reasonable indicator of the ink color
- Fast drying ink
- Drys without streaking
- Good for coloring large areas
- Permanent ink which can be used on most surfaces
- Strong scent which can be off-putting for some people
- Bleed through on many papers including thicker cardstock.
- Due to bleed through, using them in coloring books with pictures printed on both sides of the page means one picture will be impossible to use
- Can be difficult to use for very detailed spaces
- $$ – typically AUD $5.01 – $20.00 / US $3.76 – $15.00 / £2.61 – £10.00 / €3.31 – €13.25
Comments / Recommendations
- A good value alcohol based marker with a good vibrant color range
- These markers do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option
- They will bleed through most papers so best not to use them in coloring books that have pictures printed on both sides of the page
- When using these markers in coloring books, you will need to place another piece of paper, cardboard or laminate behind the page you are coloring to stop the ink bleeding through onto the following pages.