Review of Officeworks Gel Pens
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection. Some of the links below are associated with affiliate programs which provide me with a small commission from any orders you may place. This will not affect the price or quality of products you receive but will assist me with the costs involved in running this site. For more details please see our Disclosure Statement.
Officeworks Gel Pens are gel pens with a round barrel shape. Set contains classic, neon, pastel, glitter and metallic gel pens They are sold in a maximum of 50 count packets through Officeworks in Australia.
- Round barrel
- Comfort grips
- Flow of ink is smooth
- Great color and ink type range
- Vibrant colour
- Contains a white gel pen
- Nib sizes range from 0.6 mm to 0.9 mm
- Able to color in tight, detailed spaces
- Some duplicate colors amongst the glitter pens
- Wet ink on application requires drying time and can easily smear until dry
- No number or name of color printed on barrel
- Color indicator on lid & Comfort Grip is a not always a good indicator of the gel ink color
- Some pooling of ink on classic and neon colors
- Some bleed through and shadowing on basic photocopy paper
- Thinner papers can buckle due to the wetness of the ink
- $$ – typically AUD $5.01 – $20.00 / US $3.76 – $15.00 / £2.61 – £10.00 / €3.31 – €13.25
Comments / Recommendations
- A good pack of gel pens with a great color and ink range
- While not the cheapest set of gel inks these are good value for money and are an excellent set of starter gel pens. I love my set, in fact I bought two sets of these pens and I use them often.
- These pens do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option