Review of Dats ® Gel Pens
Disclaimer: This review was conducted by Suzy Goodyear. This item was purchased by me as part of my personal collection.
Dats ® Gel Pens are gel pens with a hexagonal barrel shape. Set contains glitter, metallic and neon gel pens They are sold in a maximum of 18 count packets.
- Inexpensive gel pens
- Hexagonal barrel
- Smooth flow of ink with no skipping during coloring
- Good range of colors and ink types eg glitter, pastel, neon and metallic
- Color indicator on lid is a reliable indicator of the gel ink color
- Vibrant color
- Medium to fine nibs so able to color in tight, detailed spaces
- No classic or pastel gel inks
- No comfort grips
- Wet ink on application requires drying time and can easily smear until dry
- Some bleed through and shadowing on basic photocopy paper
- Thinner papers can buckle due to the wetness of the ink
- Neon inks can dry streaky
- $ – typically AUD $5.00 / US $3.75 / £2.60 / €3.30 or less
Comments / Recommendations
- A good cheap starter pack of glitter, metallic and neon gel pens with a reasonable color and ink type range
- These pens do not require any pressure to get the best out of them so if you have any fine motor, hand or arm problems these may be a suitable option
If you have used Dats ® Gel Pens we’d love to hear about your experiences with them. Leave a comment / review below.